Terms and Conditions
Big Rigs – Truck Show Giveaway
- By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
- Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Contestant’s personal information may be shared with the provider of prizes for the purposes of delivering such prizes only.
- The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305;
ABN 94 009 658 244 Telephone: (07) 3817 1717.
- To enter, Contestants must collect and complete the entry form from the Big Rigs Stand (GP2A) at the International Truck, Trailer & Equipment Show at the Melbourne Showgrounds, Victoria between 10:00am Thursday May 5, 2016 – 3:00pm Saturday May 7, 2016.
- Once fully completed, contestants are to place the entry form into the secure entry point at the Big Rigs Stand.
- Entries must be received within the Promotion period.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry.
- All entries must be original, no photocopies, scanned images, replicas, facsimile copies will be accepted.
- While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of the contestant.
- There will be 4 winners chosen by random draw. There will be one (1) major winner and three (3) Daily Prize winners.
- Major Prize - One (1) MR40F Engel Eclipse 38 Litre Chest Fridge/Freezer, suitable for camping, caravanning or trucking, retail value of $1,089.00 (inclusive of GST).
- Daily prize draw – 1 of 3 Autocam Super HD Dashcams with 200MB Memory Card from Onsite Cameras, retail value of $264.00 each (inclusive of GST).
- The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $1,881.00 (inclusive of GST).
- All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
- Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
- The competition commences at 10:00am Thursday May 5, 2016 and closes at 3:00pm Saturday May 7, 2016 (“promotion period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
- The following persons are ineligible to enter:
- Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
- The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
- Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
- All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
- The prize winners will be selected via random draws at the Big Rigs Stand (GP2A) at the Melbourne Truck, Trailer & Equipment Show at the following times and dates:
- One (1) Daily prize of the Dashcam drawn at 2:00pm on Thursday 5, Friday 6 and Saturday 7 May, 2016
- Major prize of the Fridge drawn at 3:00pm Saturday May 7, 2016.
- All daily prize winners will be entered into the major prize draw.
- Winners will be contacted by telephone and in writing to notify them of their prize win.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be published in Big Rigs Public Notices in the May 20, 2016 edition.
- Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
- All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
- Prize winners will be advised on how they can collect their prize. If they are present at the daily draw, winners can collect their prize from the Big Rigs Stand prior to the Truck Show Closure.
- If a Contestant is not present, their details will be forwarded to the business supplying their prize to arrange delivery to them.
- Winners who are collecting their prize at the Truck Show will be required to sign a Competition Release Form and Government issued Photo ID is required.
- Winners not present at the draw will be contacted in writing to confirm their details prior to prize delivery.
- A parent/legal guardian must collect prizes on behalf of minor winners aged under 18 years of age.
- It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
UNCOLLECTED PRIZE REDRAW
- Prizes that remain uncollected by any winner after 90 days from the draw will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw.
- All entries except the initial winning entries will go into a random draw held at the Big Rigs office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305 at 2:00pm Monday August 4, 2016.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner nor is The Promoter responsible for prizes that are lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner or for delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
35. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion.