A GRANVILLE man will appear in court next month for an alleged road rage incident in Sydney's North Ryde.
About 6.30pm on Thursday (December 6), two men were involved in an incident at the intersection of Pittwater and Epping Roads.
New South Wales police say a 24-year-old man allegedly used his truck to ram a 45-year-old's Mercedes van twice.
The 24-year-old man then followed the older man to Morshead Rd, where he allegedly got out of his car and used a wooden club to hit him across the head.
Police say the alleged attacker then left the scene while the 45-year-old was taken to Royal North Shore Hospital for treatment.
As a result of investigations police from Gladesville Local Area Command attended a Granville address on Friday (December 7) and spoke to a 24-year-old man.
It's also alleged in the man's truck police found a wooden club and seized it for forensic examination.
Yesterday the 24-year-old man was arrested at Gladesville Police Station.
He was charged with:
- Have custody of an offensive implement in a public place
- Drive vehicle in manner that menaces other with intent to menace
- Destroy or damage property
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Not give particulars to other driver
- Owner not disclose identity of driver/passenger
The Granville man was granted bail and will appear before Ryde Local Court on Wednesday January 16, 2013.