TOOWOOMBA's two state members have weighed into the debate surrounding the controversial fast-food development approved for East Toowoomba.
Hundreds of Toowoomba residents voiced their anger over the development at a fiery meeting at St Luke's Anglicn Church on Friday night.
The development was approved by Toowoomba Regional Council at a special meeting on December 21 last year.
Both the Member for Toowoomba South John McVeigh and the Member for Toowoomba North Trevor Watts, who attended the protest meeting on Friday night, said they had appealed directly to the Minister for Transport and Main Roads Scott Emerson requesting a full review into impact of the application.
Mr McVeigh said developers had a right to seek approvals but just as importantly he supported the right of local residents to voice their concerns on how this would impact traffic flow.
"Let's be clear, this planning application was approved by Toowoomba Regional Council. The Department of Transport and Main Roads is required to consider any applications that could affect traffic on State roads such as Cohoe St," Mr McVeigh said.
"In this case, the Department of Transport and Main Roads has considered the data provided from this application by council and has concluded that the traffic volumes provided would trigger consideration of the installation of traffic lights due to traffic volume and safety issues.
"If lights are required because of the increase in traffic, I can confirm the Department is considering allowing westbound traffic to continue through a green-only intersection.
"This will ensure traffic is not required to stop coming up the Range.
"But, we need a comprehensive review on how this will impact local traffic," he said.
Mr Watts said he was looking forward to participating in Toowoomba Regional Council's Toowoomba Bypass Forum on Friday, February 8.