This yummy pie is super easy to make to eat on the road
THIS pie sounds scrumptious.
And this recipe, the Ned Kelly pie, shared by Julie Duncan from the 12 Volt Truckies Facebook group, is super easy to make.
- Brown some mince and onion.
- Stir through some diced tomato.
- Chuck in some roughly chopped cooked bacon.
- Squirt in some barbecue and tomato sauce till you reckon it tastes ok.
- Throw mix into your foil trays.
- Make a well in centre, crack an egg into it.
- Throw in preheated oven or under grill.
- Sprinkle cheese over.
- Egg doesn't have to be cooked all the way through.
- Cool. Freeze.
When you are transferring meat mix, try letting excess oils liquid drain otherwise it all rises to the top of dinner tray. Like a giant oil slick.