Say G'day G'day to Slim
R&K BULK Logistics's fourth Director's Series is a tribute to Slim Dusty.
While the truck features amazing art, completed by PJs Custom Spray Painting it isn't sitting in a museum somewhere.
Instead it's working around the country carting bulk goods.
It took about five weeks to complete the airbrushing on the T909.
R&K are based in Jondaryan near Toowoomba in Queensland and specialise in carting grains, fertilizer and stock feed.
Owner-manager Russell Strasburg said the truck had cost $550,000.
Ian Miles is the lucky driver who gets to take this stunner around the country, he's been working with R&K for 30 years.
He's stoked the head turner is a tribute to Slim, he's been a fan for years.
There were 90 vehicles produced as part of the T909 Director Series which came with a bunch of extras.
- External bonnet emblems
- Individual numbered internal emblems
- Chrome accessories and signature items
- Polished fuel tanks
- Black leather embossed ISRI 6860/870 driver and KAB fixed rider seat
- Embossed door trims
- Embossed rear sleeper trim
- HID headlights
- Hood mounted and vanity mounted gold Kenworth emblems
- LED clearance, repeater and turn signal lamps
- Polished stainless steel tail light bar with chrome number plate and carrier side lights
- Leather and woodgrain smart wheel
- Special edition dash gauge package
- Exhaust shield lettering "T909 DIRECTOR Series"
- Special matching numbered key ring