WHIP up this delicious quick and easy potato bake from Annette Sym's Symply Too Good To Be True cook book six.
SERVES: 8 as a side dish
- 1 kilo potatoes
- cooking spray
- 1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced French onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup 25% reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven 180ºC fan forced.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Spray a medium size lasagne dish (28cm x 19cm) with cooking spray then layer sliced potato over base of dish. Cling wrap dish then place in microwave and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and take off cling wrap.
- In a small mixing bowl combine milk, soup mix, garlic and parmesan cheese. Pour over potato slices then top with grated tasty cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cheese is golden brown on top.
Replace potato with sweet potato
Suitable to be frozen for 2 - 3 weeks.
PER SERVE POTATO SWEET POTATO
FAT TOTAL 2.9g 2.9g
SATURATED 1.8g 1.8g
FIBRE 1.7g 1.9g
PROTEIN 9.1g 8.6g
CARBS 21.3g 22.2g
SUGAR 6.4g 11.8g
SODIUM 215mg 224mg
KILOJOULES 631 (cals 151) 631 (cals 151)
GI RATING HIGH LOW
Note from Annette
I know how much everyone loves my Potato Bake in Symply Too Good To Be True 1 so I thought why not give you another version to enjoy. A normal potato bake is so high in fat but this recipe is both low in fat and yet tastes amazing!
Having some carbohydrate at each meal is important for people with type 2 diabetes and those wanting to manage their weight. Carbohydrate breaks down to glucose in your blood. Distributing your carbohydrate intake throughout the day gives you body the best chance of stable blood glucose levels.