RECIPE for yummy golden oat crunchies from Symply Too Good To Be True cookbook three.
MAKES: 24 cookies
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 5 tablespoons (75g) Flora Light® margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 150ºC fan forced.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. Melt margarine, mix together with golden syrup then add to dry mix. Combine ingredients together well.
- Coat a large baking tray with cooking spray, roll about 1 teaspoon of mixture into a ball then place on tray, flatten with the back of a fork, repeat until you have 24 cookies, allow space for biscuits to spread a little.
- Bake 20 minutes, leave to cool on tray.
FAT TOTAL 2.0g
KILOJOULES 281 (cal 67)
GI RATING Medium
DIETITIAN'S TIP: Oats are great for people with diabetes as they have a low GI. These biscuits are also lower in fat than traditional oat biscuits.