Can you help these dairy farmers?
DAIRY farmers need your help.
The Need For Feed Disaster Relief Facebook page put out a call today after the recent fires in south west Victoria impacted scores of dairy farming families.
"Some have lost their houses, many have lost most if not all of their pastures and fences, some have lost their hay sheds," the post reads.
"To resume and continue milking they need our help, not only with donated fodder, but also with the types of top quality feed they would use normally.
"Each truckload of feed costs thousands of dollars. Each truck, even if loaned or borrowed, needs fuel to run."
Eight truckloads have left this morning to kick things off convoys from all over Victoria and interstate will be arriving soon.
You can Need for Feed Disaster relief to continue to help them by:
- joining one of the hay runs
- donating fodder and or fuel for the trucks
- collecting and or donating non-perishable household goods to be made into hampers
- collecting and or donating working dog food an dother types of animal feed for pets and companions
- volunteering your skills to help the organisation and other organisations doing work on this disaster
- make a monetary donation to assist in their efforts
To learn more about us and to help in any way, please visit www.needforfeed.org.