4 top truckin' things to do
MAYBE in the previous issue we should have said "turn up the heaters” after icy blasts rolled across a lot of the country.
But there's still plenty of good winter sunshine about, so you can get along to some of the terrific trucking events that are being held in the coming weeks all across the country.
Here are some of the what's on and what's coming up events to let you plan ahead.
July 14-15: Yesteryear Truck and Machinery Show
WHERE: Wauchope Showgrounds.
FEATURING historic and late-model working trucks, vintage cars and tractors, machinery, motorcycles and stationary engines.
Plus market stalls, swap meet and family entertainment.
Free entry and camping for exhibitors.
Saturday night fully catered meal and unreserved auction with proceeds to charity.
Go to its Facebook page for all the details.
July 24-26: CeMAT AUSTRALIA 2018
WHERE: Melbourne Conference and Exhibition Centre.
IN ITS third year, CeMAT AUSTRALIA is the country's largest intralogistics and materials handling show and is billed as a one-stop shop of the leading technology and service providers in the materials handling and warehousing industry.
Go to www.cemat.com.au for more.
August 4: Casino Truck Show
WHERE: Casino, New South Wales.
THERE will be plenty of "blinged-up” trucks parked right in the centre of Casino.
There's a truck parade, live music, trade stalls, markets, food and drink stalls and loads of fun for the kids too.
Go to www.casinotruckshow.com.au for more.
August 11: Golden Oldies Truck, Tractor and Quilt Show
WHERE: Dubbo Showgrounds.
THE 2018 show will have even more trucks, tractors, steam engines, cars, stationary engines and a fantastic display of quilts!
The show includes: vintage trucks and trailers, vintage tractors, vintage and classic cars, vintage motorbikes, stationary engines, steam traction engines, grand parade, competitions, displays, entertainment, memorabilia and food and refreshments.
Go to www.goldenoldie struckclub.com for more details.
AND AS we start heading into the warmth of spring and summer, here's a list of events coming up later in the year.
- August 31 to September 1: "Power Up!” the 2018 Nat Road's conference on Hamilton Island in far-north Queensland. Go to www.natroad.com.au.
- September 8: Deniliquin Truck Show and Industry Expo, Memorial Park, Deniliquin. Go to www.denitruckshow.com.au.
- September 29 and 30: 2018 Lights on the Hill Memorial Convoy Weekend. Go to www.lightsonthe hill.com.au.
- September 29 and 30: Pacin' the Pacific organised by the Wauchope Yesteryear Truck and Machinery Club. Check it out on Facebook.
- October 21: Convoy for Kids, Sydney. Go to www.convoyforkids.com.au.
- November 3: Riverina Truck Show and Kids Convoy. Go to www.riverinatruckshowandkidsconvoy.com.
- November 3 and 4: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association's Historic Truck and Tractor Show at Gatton Showgrounds, Queensland. Go to www.hcvaq.com.au or Facebook.
- November 10 and 11: Mullumbimby Truck Show, Mullumbimby, northern New South Wales. Go to www.mullumbimbyshow.org.au or check out its Facebook page.
- November 18: i98FM Illawarra Convoy, West Cliff Colliery to Croome Road Sporting Complex. Go to www.illawarraconvoy.com.au.
Don't forget to let us know about your truckin' event if it isn't mention here. That way we in turn can tell our readers.