Terms and Conditions
APN ARM – TOOLBOX (QLD Only)
1. These terms and conditions relate to the TOOLBOX (competition).
2. The promoter of the Competition is APN Newspapers Pty Ltd, 5/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006 (ABN 21 009 657 943), Telephone number: (07) 3327 3304 (Promoter). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The participating advertiser must reside in Queensland (see clause 15) to be eligible to participate.
4. By purchasing a Toolbox Advertising package, (as defined in Clause 20) you accept these Competition Terms and Conditions and Finda Terms and Conditions at http://www.finda.com.au/lc-ad-terms-conditions/
5. At all times, any participant has the option of opting out of the Toolbox Competition. Advertisers can write or email the Promoter at the address shown (see Clause 2) to request they take up the opt-out option.
6. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to the Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
7. Subject to clause 10 inclusive, entry to the Competition is open to, and automatic for all purchasers (Contestants) of a Toolbox Advertising package in the publications outlined in Clause 15.
8. Persons authorised to purchase advertising on behalf of a business/Company must be 18 years and older and an Australian resident.
9. The following persons are ineligible to enter the competition:
· Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
· The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), off such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household).
· Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal name change.
10. Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded prizes to an ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
11. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, when a participant purchases the Toolbox Advertising Package during the Promotion Period, the Contestant automatically receives one (1) free entry into the Competition.
12. All contestants are eligible for one (1) free entry in the competition regardless of whether they purchase one (1) or more advertising packages.
13. For the avoidance of doubt, $45.00 per week (inclusive of GST) is the prevailing market value of the Toolbox Advertising Package.
14. Entries that contain any incorrect personal information or contact details of the Contestant will be deemed invalid entries and will not be eligible.
15. Advertising Packages will be available for purchase in these regions:
- Region 1 - North & Central QLD Region
· Daily Mercury
· The Morning Bulletin
· The Observer
· Capricorn Coast Mirror
· Central Queensland News
· Central Telegraph
· Rural Weekly Northern Edition
· The Midweek
· Whitsunday Coast Guardian
· Whitsunday Times
- REGION 2 - Wide Bay & Burnett Region
· News Mail
· Fraser Coast Chronicle
· Gympie Times
· Central and North Burnett Times
· Cooloola Advertiser
· Hervey Bay Independent
· Hervey Bay Observer
· Isis Town and Country
· Maryborough Herald
· Rural Weekly Wide Bay Edition
· Seniors Wide Bay
- REGION 3 - South East QLD Region
· Sunshine Coast Daily
· Sunshine Coast Sunday
· QT - The Queensland Times
· Big Rigs
· Bribie Weekly
· Buderim Chronicle
· Caboolture News
· Caloundra Weekly
· Coolum & North Shore News
· Kawana Weekly
· Maroochy Weekly
· Nambour Weekly
· Noosa News
· Seniors Brisbane
· Seniors Gold Coast
· Seniors Sunshine Coast
· The Ipswich Advertiser
· The Logan Reporter
· The Satellite
- REGION 4 - South West QLD Region
· Warwick Daily News
· The Chronicle
· Balonne Beacon
· Bush Telegraph
· Chinchilla News & Murilla Advertiser
· Dalby Herald
· Gatton, Lockyer & Brisbane Valley Star
· Laidley Plainland Leader
· Rural Weekly South West QLD Edition
· Seniors Toowoomba
· South Burnett Times
· Southern Downs Weekly
· Stanthorpe Border Post
· Surat Basin News
· The Western Star
· Western Times
16. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period to be deemed valid entries (see Clause 23).
17. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
18. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
19. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a Contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
20. The product inclusions available in the Toolbox advertising package are:
· 5x2 full colour Trades & Services classified advertisement
· 3 page mobile responsive website including hosting and on-going changes and support
· Premium finda online classified listing
· Premium Find Your Local online directory listing
· Standard Unlimited Service Central referrals
· Packages must be purchased between September 12, 2016 and 5:00pm (AEST) October 21, 2016 to be eligible for free entry
· Advertising must commence prior to November 30, 2016
· The cost of the Toolbox Advertising Package is $45.00 per week for 52 weeks (12 month subscription), which renews automatically at 12months.
TAXES AND DELIVERY COSTS
21. Any taxes and delivery costs which may be payable as a consequence of the Contestant purchasing an advertising package and/or taking part in the Competition (other than specified) is the sole responsibility of that Contestant.
22. Individual Contestants should seek advice from a suitably qualified tax professional about the applicable tax implications for them.
23. The competition commences on September 12, 2016 and closes Friday October 21, 2016 at 5:00pm (AEST) (‘Promotion Period’). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
24. There are up to four (4) 2016 Toyota Hilux SR5 Extra Cab Pickups to be won, one (1) in each region, retail value up to $56,000.00 each (inclusive of GST).
25. Prize specifications may be located at: http://www3.toyota.com.au/hilux/specifications/sr5-4x4-extra-cab-pick-up-28I-turbo-diesel-manual
26. Any winner of a Ute will choose the colour of their Ute, as per manufacturer’s available range of colours.
27. The Ute will be ordered for delivery to the Toyota Dealership nearest to the Contestant’s residential address.
28. There are up to four (4) consolation prizes of $1,000.00 cash plus $250.00 in Google AdWords to be won, one (1) consolation prize in each region.
29. The total maximum retail value of the prize pool is up to $230,000.00 (inclusive of GST).
30. There will be one (1) finalist contestant randomly drawn from all contestants in each region (see clause 15) in total there will be four (4) finalists.
31. There will be four (4) finalist draws commencing at 10:00am October 28, 2016 at APN Newspapers, 3/100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006.
32. The winning finalists will be contacted by telephone.
33. If the winning finalist from any of the four (4) regions cannot be contacted, a redraw as per the original draw in these Terms and conditions will apply with a new finalist/s randomly drawn from that region at 10:00am October 31, 2016.
34. Each finalist contestant from each region will be invited to their nearest newspaper office (at the contestant’s expense), to play “Spin the Wheel” to win either a Ute or $1,000 cash plus $250.00 Google AdWords.
35. Regional finalists will play “Spin the Wheel” on the following dates for their region. The finalists will be advised where the “Spin the Wheel” will take place.
· Region 1 – Monday November 7, 2016
· Region 2 – Tuesday November 8, 2016
· Region 3 – Wednesday November 9, 2016
· Region 4 – Thursday November 10, 2016
36. Finalists who do not attend for their chance to play “Spin the Wheel” will forfeit their chance of winning a Ute and the consolation prize of $1,000.00 cash plus $250.00 Google AdWords.
PLAYING SPIN THE WHEEL
37. Each finalist will be given one (1) opportunity to choose a number between 1 and 100 prior to “Spin the Wheel”.
38. Once the finalists’ number has been chosen, the chosen number is entered into the electronic ‘Wheel’, then the finalist will electronically ‘spin the wheel’.
39. If the wheel stops on their chosen number, they will win a Ute.
40. If the wheel stops on any other number except their chosen number, they will win the consolation prize of $1,000.00 plus $250.00 Google AdWords.
41. Each finalist can only win one (1) prize.
42. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
43. The chance of a finalist winning a major prize is 1 in 100.
44. Upon validation and verification of the chosen number and “Spin the Wheel” numbers, the prize for that contestant will be announced.
45. The finalists will be advised by the Promoter on how and when their prize will be provided to them.
46. Consolation prizes of $1,000.00 will be paid by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to the winner’s elected bank account. Consolation prizes will be paid within six (6) weeks from region finalists being notified they have won.
47. Google AdWords prizes will be delivered to consolation prize winners by APN Newspapers Pty Ltd and will commence within six (6) weeks from the region finalists being notified they have won.
48. Prizes of a Ute will be organised through the closest Toyota Dealership to the winning finalist/s. Toyota will advise the winner/s upon finalising the order of the vehicle of the expected delivery date.
46. All prizes (except cash prizes) are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
47. If the specified prizes becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
48. The winners will be provided with instructions as to how they can claim their prize and establish his/her entitlement to the prize.
49. Any winner must complete a Release Form to confirm collection of their prize.
50. All prizes (unless otherwise specified) must be picked up within 90 days of notification as per these terms and conditions.
51. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
PROMOTER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
52. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
· Any error, omission, interruption or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by The Promoter or any Contestant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise;
· ii) Any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications;
· iii) Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
· iv) Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
· v) Any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
53. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
54. All Contestants enter the competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (“the Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Contestant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including, without limitation:
i) Any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
ii) Any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
iii) Any liability for personal injury or death.
55. All Contestants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products and services.
56. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries and gaming authority regulations, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
57. The Contestant acknowledges and permits the Promoter during and after the Competition to collect, store, handle, access, manage, transfer, uses and disclose personal information about the Contestant, including name, suburb, age and image, in connection with the Content. This includes transmission outside of Australia.
58. The Contestant may revoke its consent to this clause at any time upon written notice to the Promoter at the address shown in Clause 2, however existing uses of the images and recordings will not be impacted by this revocation or withdrawal of consent;
59. The Promoter may contact the Contestant for any reason related to the Competition or other activities of the Promoter.