Entries for the 2020 Australian Freight Industry Awards are open until Monday 31 August; and the Victorian Transport Association encourages any companies wishing to nominate to do so via the AFIA website.
“The VTA has been thrilled with the response by the Australian transport industry to this year’s Australian Freight Industry Awards, with numerous entries received across the seven award categories on offer,” said VTA CEO Peter Anderson. “Our sincere thanks to TWUSUPER and Viva Energy Australia for sponsoring these awards, which would not be possible without their generous support.”
Nominations are open for the following award categories:
- Female Leadership Award – sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
- Personality of the Year Award – sponsored by CMV Truck & Bus
- Investment in People Award – sponsored by Logical Staffing Solutions
- Application of Technology Award – sponsored by Transport Certification Australia
- Young Achiever Award – sponsored by Daimler Truck & Bus
- Best Practice Safety Award – sponsored by Gallagher
- Sustainable Environment Award – sponsored by National Transport Insurance
Award criteria can be viewed at the new AFIA website. The VTA urges its members and freight and logistics operators across Australia to support the awards and the industry by nominating in one or more categories.
Mr Anderson said the VTA is also encouraging members and their staff to support the awards and their transport industry colleagues by registering to watch the livestream AFIA presentation on Sunday 20 September from 7.30-8.45pm.
“This free event will feature presentations to each of our seven award winners, as well as several musical acts and performances from some of Australia’s most notable entertainers. To register, simply visit www.afiawards.com.au, and be sure to follow our new AFIA LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook social media channels for regular updates.”
The VTA added it looks forward to showcasing the achievements of this year’s winners and celebrating their enormous contribution to our industry.