Big Rigs Terms and Conditions
Big Rigs – Spitwater Big Rig of the Month Competition (competition starts 09/09/16
1. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. Contestants must be permanent Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
3. Contestants who are under the age of 18 years must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
4. Contestants acknowledge that by submitting photos of themselves or others for the purposes of this competition that the photos become the property of Big Rigs and their related companies and the images may be used in the future without further express prior permission from the contestant
5. Contestants acknowledge that by entering photos into this competition, that they have sought express permission from that person. Where the picture depicts subjects under the age of 18 years, express permission from a parent/legal guardian of that minor child has been granted.
6. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition these Terms and Conditions prevail.
7. The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305;
ABN 94 009 658 244 Telephone: (07) 3817 1717. Permit Number: LTPS/16/06716.
8. To enter, Contestants must submit a good quality photographic image of their truck and submit the photo and their details online at www.bigrigs.com.au/competitions; or
Enter by uploading their picture to the Big Rigs Facebook Page with their name and sending further required information via private Facebook message to the Big Rigs Facebook Page or emailing the information to email@example.com.
9. Entries must be fully completed to be deemed a valid entry to this competition.
10. Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clauses 24 and 25).
11. Entries will be cumulative and each entry not chosen as the winning entry for any month will be entered in the next month’s draw. Contestants may submit more than one entry, however there is only one prize.
12. All entries must be original, no photocopies, scanned images, replicas, facsimile copies will be accepted.
13. There is no cost to enter the competition; however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Contestants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers. The Promoter is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
14. Photos must have the following qualities to be considered a valid photo for entry:
a. In focus photograph, landscape orientation to reflect the truck
b. JPEG or TIFF format
c. Images must be available at over 1MB to be printed
d. Be the sole author and owner of copyright of the submitted image/photograph.
e. Images can be black and white or colour.
f. Images containing nudity, animal cruelty, sexualised images, harassment or other images deemed by law to be of an illicit or illegal nature will not be eligible to enter and will not form part of a valid entry.
15. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or miss-directed entries or for any delays or failure in any telecommunications service or equipment.
16. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
17. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by a contestant invalid if the contestant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant for:
Tampering with these Terms and Conditions:
Tampering with the entry process; or
If the Contestant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to put the fair and proper conduct of the promotion in jeopardy.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
19. There will be one (1) monthly winner chosen from all photos submitted for that month between September 2016 and January 2017. Each monthly winner will be placed in the final Website Poll where readers will vote for their favourite Photo. The most voted photo from the Website will be announced the winner and will receive the following prize.
20. There is one (1) prize pack consisting of one (1) Spit water HC12180p 121pm 2700psi Honda Pressure Cleaner, including:
The winner can choose from either the electric driven 10-120C or the Diesel Driven HC12-180P.
The package includes
A professional gun and wand with adjustable nozzle,
A hose swivel,
A 20m high pressure hose,
A detergent foaming attachment,
A turbo lance
Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $2,537.00 (inclusive of GST).
21. All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
22. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
23. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
24. The competition commences at 9:00am (AEST) September 9, 2016 and closes at 5:00pm Monday January 16, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received after the promotion period will be deemed as invalid.
25. The following timetable outlines the commencement/close/draw and publishing of each Month of the competition. All times are based on Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Month 1: Starts 9am 09/09/2016, Closes 11:59pm 25/09/2016, Draw 10am 26/09/2016, Publish Winner 07/10/2016
Month 2: Starts 9am 26/09/2016, Closes 11:59pm 23/10/2016, Draw 10am 24/10/2016, Publish Winner 04/11/2016
Month 3: Starts 9am 24/10/2016, Closes 11:59pm 20/11/2016, Draw 10am 21/11/2016, Publish Winner 02/12/2016
Month 4: Starts 9am 21/11/2016, Closes 11:59pm 02/01/2017, Draw 10am 03/01/2017, Publish Winner 13/01/2017
Month 5: Starts 9am 03/01/2016, Closes 11:59pm 22/01/2017, Draw 10am 23/01/2017, Publish Winner 10/02/2017
26. ELIGIBILITY LIMITATIONS
27. The following persons are ineligible to enter:
Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
28. All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
29. The monthly winners’ photos will be placed on Big Rigs Website page on February 8, 2017, where the public can vote for their favourite photo.
30. The online voting will close at 12:00AM February 26, 2017.
31. The votes will be counted and the photo with the most votes will win.
32. The winner will be announced at 10:00am February 27, 2017, with the winner being published in Big Rigs, on www.bigrigs.com.au and Big Rigs Facebook page on March 10, 2017.
33. The overall winner will be contacted by telephone.
34. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
35. Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
36. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
37. The prize winner will be contacted and advised on how their prize can be collected/delivered.
38. All winners must confirm their identity and residency to confirm they are the rightful winner of the prize.
39. Winners under the age of 18 years must have a parent/legal guardian collect their prize on their behalf.
40. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
UNCOLLECTED PRIZE REDRAW
41. The prize must be collected in 90 days from the initial draw. If the prize remains uncollected/claimed, the prize will be entered into an uncollected prize redraw with a random draw from the monthly finalist photos to select a redraw winner as per these Terms and Conditions. The redraw winner will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
42. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner nor is The Promoter responsible for prizes that are lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner or for delivery via postage or courier.
43. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
44. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.