Terms and Conditions: Big Rigs – Reader Survey
By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Contestants must be 18 years of age and over to be eligible to enter. Contestants must be Australian residents to be eligible to enter.
The Promoter is APN Newspapers, 100 Brookes Street, Fortitude Valley Qld 4006. ABN 21 009 657 943 Permit: NSW/LTPS/15/08954.
1. Method of entry: To enter this competition, contestants have two (2) methods of entry.
· Contestants may go online to their local newspaper website and complete their details in full in the survey provided. The survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
Contestants can access the Big Rigs website at http://www.bigrigs.com.au/reader-survey/ via Survey Monkey.
· Contestants can obtain the entry form published in Big Rigs between Friday December 18, 2015 and Thursday February 4, 2016 and return the completed entry form to Big Rigs by either of these methods:
· Send by post to: Big Rigs Reader Survey, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
· Deliver in person to: Big Rigs, QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
· The entry form must be original newsprint.
· Photocopies, scanned images, web prints, reproductions or other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
· Contestants entering on-line or by entry form obtained from Big Rigs may only enter once.
· One original entry form per standard envelope.
2. Competition duration:
Queensland: Between 9:00am (AEST) Friday December 18, 2015 and 5:00pm (AEST) Thursday February 4, 2016 (closing date/time). Entries received after the closing time/date will be deemed as invalid.
Other States and Territories: Between 10:00am Friday December 18, 2015 and 6:00pm (AEDT) Thursday February 4, 2015 (closing time/date). Entries received after the closing time/date will be deemed as invalid.
· There is one (1) Major Prize of a $500.00 Pre-paid Visa Card (inclusive of GST).
- For information on the Pre-paid Visa Card, contestants can log into https://www.giftcardstore.com.au/terms
· Total maximum retail value of the prize for this competition is $500.00 (inclusive of GST)
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values. Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a winner receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of that winner. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
4. Eligibility limitations: The following persons are ineligible to enter:
(i) Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
(ii) The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
iii) Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
5. Draw and notification: All contestant entries will be submitted into the Survey Monkey and the winner will be chosen via a random electronic draw by Big Rigs staff at QT Offices, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305, at 9:00am (AEST) on Friday February 5, 2016. Prizes will be awarded following winner validation and verification. The Winner will be contacted by telephone and email to confirm the details of the contestant and confirm the contestant is the rightful winner. Once confirmation of the winner has been completed, the prize will be forwarded to the winner via registered post. Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
6. Prize collection: Prizes will be forwarded to the winner via registered post (unless winner is otherwise advised). All prizes (when specified) must be collected within 90 days of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize. All prizes that remain unclaimed 90 days after notification has been sent to the winner will be redrawn by random draw at 9:00am (AEST) at the QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305 on Wednesday May 4, 2016 in an unclaimed prize draw.
7. Publication: Winners’ details will be published in Big Rigs on Friday February 12, 2016. All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness. All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
8. Promoter's limitation of liability: The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released for delivery via postage or courier. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
Promoter: APN Newspapers Pty Ltd ABN 21 009 657 943