HEAVY vehicles are being asked to enter and leave New South Wales by using the New England Hwy in the wake of flooding down south.
The news comes from the NSW Traffic Management Centre.
"Heavy vehicles are advised to travel to Queensland via the New England Hwy due to recent floods and road closures still in place in NSW," the statement said.
Summerland Way was open, however, due to increased traffic volumes and changed conditions major delays were being experienced.
Heavy vehices and B-doubles going from Newcastle and Sydney are also advised to use the New England Hwy to travel through to Qld.
While heavy vehicles already on the north coast are advised to use Summerland Way and the Bruxner Hwy as an alternative to the Pacific Hwy which is still closed between Ballina and Grafton.
Road still closed in both directions due to flooding:
- The Bruxner Hwy between Boggabilla and North Star turn off.
- The Gwydir Hwy about 70km west of Grafton and Jackadgery due to landslip.
- Tweed Valley Way between Laddays Crk Rd and the Pacific Hwy at Chinderah.
- The Carnavon Hwy between Garah and Mundindi.
The Newell Hwy is open on the NSW side of the border at Goondiwindo.
For the latest traffic information fron NSW see the live traffic NSW website.
* Peaceful location.. EASY walking access to parks, river, shops * Beautiful,Bright and Open boasting a lovely ambiance...yet has a Flexible...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.