BIG Rigs is keeping you updated on roadworks around the country.
In this issue we have included what's happening in New South Wales.
- Pacific Hwy Bulahdelah Bypass to provide a new 8.6km four-lane divided highway bypass of Bulahdelah including a new crossing over the Myall River.
Cost $315 million. Expected to be completed late 2012. About 3120 trucks use this stretch of road every day.
- Pacific Hwy Herons Creek to Stills Rd Upgrade will improve the quality of a 3.5km section of the Pacific Hwy between Herons Creek and Stills Rd south of Port Macquarie.
Cost $60 million. Expected to be complete mid 2013. About 2309 trucks use this road every day.
- Pacific Hwy Kempsey Bypass involves the construction of a 14.5km dual carriageway bypass of the Kempsey and Frederickton townships on the mid-north coast of NSW, east of the existing Pacific Hwy.
Cost $618 million. Expected to be complete early 2013. About 3213 trucks use this road every day.
- Pacific Hwy Sapphire to Woolgoolga will provide 25km of new dual carriageway from Sapphire, just north of Coffs Harbour, to Arrawarra Creek, north of Woolgoolga.
The southern section will follow the existing alignment and will retain parts of the existing highway as a local road. The northern section will comprise a western bypass of Woolgoolga. Cost $705 million. Expected to be complete mid 2013.
- Pacific Hwy Banora Point Upgrade involves construction of a 2.5km section to bypass the Banora Point urban centre. This section of the Pacific Hwy is an urban arterial road.
Cost $359 million. Expected to be complete late 2012. About 4139 trucks use this road every day.
- Hunter Expressway will provide a new dual carriageway between the F3 and the New England Hwy near Branxton.
The project will provide six strategic interchanges along the route to service local communities and provide significant traffic relief to the New England Hwy between Weakleys Dr and Branxton.
Cost $1.7 billion. Expected to be complete late 2013.
- Hume Hwy Holbrook Bypass. The Holbrook bypass will be approximately 9.5km of four-lane divided highway.
The bypass will deviate west around the township of Holbrook and will connect to the existing carriageway to the north and south of the town. Completion of this project will result in full duplication of the Hume Hwy. Cost $247 million. Expected to be complete mid 2013.
- Great Western Hwy Woodford to Hazelbrook Project. This is a major upgrade of a 3.1km length of the Great Western Hwy, Station St, Woodford and Winbourne Rd, Hazelbrook. Cost $167 million. Expected to be complete late 2013.
- Great Western Hwy Wentworth Falls East Project. This project is a major upgrade of 2.3km of the Great Western Hwy between east of Tableland Rd and Station St, Wentworth Falls. Cost $115 million. Expected to be complete late 2012.
- North Orange Bypass. This project extends the previously completed bypass by 4.1km from the Ophir Rd intersection to the south and links up with the Mitchell Hwy at Chinaman's Bend, approximately 2km east of Orange.
This section completes the full bypass of Orange. Cost $11.3 million. Expected to be complete this month.
- Bega Bypass. The project comprises construction of a new 3.5km two-lane highway west of Bega. It will bypass Bega town centre and connect to the Princes Hwy. Cost $60 million. Expected to be complete mid 2014.
Currently northbound B-doubles are not permitted to travel through Bega.
The bypass will enable the Princess Hwy between the Snowy Mountains Hwy and the Victorian border to be used by B-double vehicles in both directions.
The bypass will also remove through vehicles from the town centre.
This generous sized 694m2 residential block presents an elevated north facing home site with an extra wide 32 metre frontage giving lots of scope for a number of...
Located on top of Buderim in leafy Gloucester Road, within walking distance to the village, is this immaculate lowset home framed by beautiful well established...
Embrace the simple life in 2016 and beyond...downsize, de-clutter and maximise your leisure time when you purchase this truly affordable home just footsteps to...
It's one of the biggest in the gated community. It offers magnificent views of Mt Coolum, the park and the golf course, which can't be built out!!! Just across...
Conveniently located in quiet street of Caloundra within a short stroll to the Stockland shopping precinct, Bus stop at your door step and only minutes to local...
If you are looking for big garaging, then you can find it here with a new 3 bay shed, plus a separate lock up garage with additional storage. All 4 bedrooms...
Set right in the heart of East Toowoomba, this near flat 460m2 allotment sets the scene for your brand new dream home. Rarely do you find a block of land with so...
Presenting a breezy and light filled urban retreat just on the outskirts of Toowoomba's vibrant CBD, this character styled unit complex blends into the natural...
Here's an opportunity! Located in an exclusive pocket of Mount Lofty is your next new project. After demolition you will have 2 extremely valuable land parcels and...
Are you looking for an extra large home to cater for the growing family? Are you looking for dual living for the extended family? Then look no further, this...
Join the Community.
Get your local news, your way.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.