NEW South Wales police have arrested four men aged 19-25 after a string of transport and freight related offences in Sydney.
As a part of Strike Force Mynah Property Crime Squad detectives conducted extensive investigations into the organised theft of shipping containers, trucks and freight trailers.
This included the alleged theft of a prime mover and side loader from two properties at Chipping Norton on Saturday January 12.
Police say just hours after they were stolen the vehicles were allegedly used to remove two trailers carrying shipping containers which contained tyres worth $150,000 from a property at Eastern Creek.
On Tuesday January 15, detectives assisted by South-West Metropolitan Region and Green Valley Local Area Command executed a search warrant at Austral.
A number of the items stolen at the weekend were recovered, as well as a truck which had previously been reported stolen.
About 9am yesterday a major police operation was conducted with Property Crime Squad detectives and officers from throughout the South-West Metropolitan Region and the Forensic Services Group.
Seven search warrants were executed at properties in Granville, Guildford, Auburn and Old Guildford, with four men arrested and various items of property seized.
Those items included a Mercedes sedan and Toyota four-wheel-drive, a boat, a pistol, a stun gun, breaking tools, electronic items, steroids and documents.
- A 25-year-old man arrested at Granville was charged with 22 offences, including aggravated break and enter; larceny; steal motor vehicle; deal with the proceeds of crime; possess prohibited weapon; pervert the course of justice; and participate in criminal group.
- A 20-year-old man arrested at Auburn was charged with six offences, including aggravated break and enter; steal motor vehicle; a fraud offence; and participate in criminal group.
- They were both refused bail to face Burwood Local Court today.
- A 24-year-old man arrested at Guildford was charged with 19 offences, including aggravated break and enter; larceny; deal with the proceeds of crime; possess prescribed restricted substance; steal motor vehicle; fraud offences; and participate in criminal group.
- A 19-year-old man arrested at Old Guildford was charged with 14 offences, including aggravated break and enter; deal with the proceeds of crime; steal motor vehicle; fraud offences; firearms offences; and participate in criminal group.
- Those two men were refused bail to face Fairfield Local Court today.
Police say investigations are ongoing and anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page.
Update your news preferences and get the latest news delivered to your inbox.